Monday, June 8, 2009

Roger Federer finally triumhs in the Roland Garros.


Roger Federer has joined Pete Sampras on a record 14 grand-slam titles with victory over Robin Soderling in the French Open final.

Federer, who was a runner-up to Rafa Nadal in each of the last three years on the Paris clay, could not contain his delight at having finally broken his Roland Garros duck.

"It might be the greatest victory of my career," said the 27-year-old.

"It takes away so much pressure. Now, I can play in peace for the rest of my career".


Federer joins the elite group of Fred Perry, Don Budge, Rod Laver, Roy Emerson and Andre Agassi as the only men to clinch all four major titles.
A tearful Federer was touched by the presence of Agassi.
"Of course I'd like to thank Andre for being here. It means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment