Sunday, May 23, 2010

Jose Mourinho likely to join Real Madrid

After guiding Inter Milan to a Champions League final win over Bayern Munich that sealed his second career Treble, Jose Mourinho admitted he was 'more likely to leave than stay' and is interested in joining Real Madrid.

The Portuguese became only the third coach to win Europe's premier competition with two different clubs - he won it with Porto in 2004 - and now he wants to go one better.

'I want to be the only coach to win the Champions League with three different clubs.'It's more likely that I will leave rather than stay. The Champions League I won at Porto (2004) was my last game there and this time it will almost certainly be my last game for Inter. I want another challenge in my career,' Mourinho was quoted as saying by Rai TV.

'It's not definite that I'll go but I want new risks, new experiences, and now is the moment to decide.'

He also hinted that Real Madrid are willing to take him.

'Great season, incredible season. But at this moment I have not many words to describe how I feel because it's almost for sure that I will leave. Real Madrid is the only club that wants me. It is an enormous club, a club that wants the same as me; I want to win, I want to feel important, I want to keep winning.

'My target now is to win another championship where I have never won it and another Champions League... And then I return to England,' said Mourinho.

No comments:

Post a Comment